Thursday, February 19, 2009

Coming Soon Enough

I remember standing behind my grandmother's garage with my brother, or maybe a cousin, in this little space between the building and the cyclone fence. Next to us were grapevine trellises, with vines that produced a champagne grape I never tasted. It was a small secret place too small for adults to squeeze into comfortably. Clothesline, white paint, gravel driveway, the smell of gasoline and grease deep in the ground all around us.

That's what I'm hoping for. Except not about a property line in Overland, but about bits and pieces of south St. Louis all around me. Probably some photographs. Maybe daily, once Conlocutio is done, but until then, just little bits. Maybe once a month for now.

2 comments:

LisaS February 21, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

explanation: hypergraphia.

but it should be fun.

Indigo Bunting February 23, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

Seriously! Another blog I can't miss. I get so far behind...

About Me

My photo
I like to learn. I like to know people who can do things I don't know how to do. I like to drink coffee and sit on my south St. Louis city stoop and chat with neighbors. Dinner can wait. Very blessed by the place I've chosen to call home.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP