Friday, July 17, 2009

19. Heat and Humidity

It's not the heat...

It isn't. Having lived in southern California, I must honestly admit that the humidity makes everything worse.

Today, and this weekend, we are in for a rare treat: a July three day weekend with high temperatures in the mid-70s and low humidity.

It's like an unseasonably warm early October day. Crisp, even.

This is why I like St. Louis summers. Yes, we had a 10 day stretch in June that made me wonder if I was living in Houston, but now this.

It's been a great time for the air conditioning to go out--the past week has been nice and mild. But we might break some records this weekend, I hear.

Hope so.

1 comments:

Rosemary/sonrie July 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

oh the humidity...it can ruin anything, including a good head of straight hair. and make my face all shiny and glistening. I don't even bother with anything but mascara in the summer.

About Me

My photo
I like to learn. I like to know people who can do things I don't know how to do. I like to drink coffee and sit on my south St. Louis city stoop and chat with neighbors. Dinner can wait. Very blessed by the place I've chosen to call home.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP